The Women’s Section of the American Folklore Society invites submissions for the Elli Köngäs-Maranda Student and Professional Prizes, which honor Köngäs-Maranda as a pioneering feminist folklorist. The prizes recognize superior work on women’s traditional, vernacular, or local culture and/or feminist theory and folklore.
Submission deadline: July 15, 2022
Prize recipients do not have to be members of the American Folklore Society. The section will announce awards in late September.
EKM Student Prize
• For an undergraduate or graduate student paper (up to 30 pages in length) produced as part of a degree program. Must be English-language or with English translation.
• Entrants may be those currently enrolled in their degree program as of the submission deadline or those who were enrolled during the academic year ending in 2022.
• Carries an award of $100.
• Papers are to be submitted as an email attachment to EKM Committee Chair Patricia Sawin firstname.lastname@example.org
EKM Professional/Non-Student Prize
• Eligible work includes publications, films, videos, exhibitions or exhibition catalogues, or sound recordings. The committee accepts English-language or English subtitled texts.
• Materials must have been published/produced between August 15, 2020, and July 15, 2022.
• Carries an award of $250.
• The committee requires three copies of books, videos, etc., or digital links. For addresses to which to send copies, please contact EKM Committee Chair Patricia Sawin email@example.com